Archive for the ‘homebrew’ Category

Debugging ANSRTrack – Part 3

Unexplained Rotator Movement There is one final problem noted during the inaugural flight with the new ANSRTrack Ground Station program. At a point about 30 – 45 minutes into the flight, the ground station received an APRS beacon from the balloon, on its normal 30 second interval. The azimuth rotor suddenly rotated about 45 degrees […]

Leave a Comment

Debugging ANSRTrack Cont’

Continued Debugging effort The next anomoly to investigate concerned the slow climb rate observed during the ANSR-122 flight. Normally, we expect about 1200 – 1300 feet per minute climb rate, but a rate of 600 fpm was observed about a half hour into the flight. An analysis of the telemetry data from our two beacons […]

Leave a Comment

Debugging ANSRTrack

Tracking down some bugs As mentioned in my previous post, there were a few anomolies when I ran the new ANSRTrack program during a live flight. In this post, we will track down a couple of the issues: There was a consistent error showing up at the bottom of the screen mainwindow: Update call to […]

Leave a Comment

ANSRTrack – Deploy to Linux: Part 3

Distribution via AppImage To this point, we have identified all of the libraries to be distributed with the executable file in order to distribute a folder containing everything necessary to run on most reasonably up to date versions of linux. We also discovered the folder arrangement necessary to make this work. We put everything together […]

Leave a Comment

ANSRTrack – Deploy to Linux: Part 2

Distribution via Folder Copy In my last post, I described how I went about identifying all of the files necessary to distribute my new High Altitude Balloon Tracking program to linux machines other than the one it had been developed on. At the end of that post, I was left with a folder which contained […]

Leave a Comment